Age Group Aspire Squad 2021
WHAT IS ASPIRE?
Aspire is a structured training support program created for ambitious SCT members willing to invest significant time in becoming the best they can be. It assumes you have previously completed several similar distance triathlons or have a complementary endurance sports background.
Due to their popularity the club has chosen to focus on Stockholm 51.5, Jonkoping 70.3 and Kalmar 140.6 with three separate plans. Nevertheless, any similar duration race falling in the SPECIALLTY phase of any of these three programs can be easily accommodated with an early taper.
We keep the same basic weekly rhythm to ensure consistency and to keep it simple. Training focus, duration and intensity will differ slightly between weeks, phases and programs. We endeavor to use as many of the SCT scheduled training sessions as possible. In practice this means that the standard ASPIRE programs sync with the SCT running and swimming sessions and put the bike sessions on Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sunday. Nevertheless, it is entirely possible to tailor the plan to follow the default spinning session days.
CHOOSE ONE OF THREE LEVELS OF PARTICIPATION
- Full Patch Member - Follow the Program, active participation, be the best I can be!
- Hang Around - I will race one of the Aspire races but I have my own program. I'd like to be part of the group anyway.
- Prospect - I won't race one of the Aspire Races but I'd like to get a feel for the group / training structure and may do some of the sessions – social member.
WHAT YOU NEED
For Full Patch Members on the standard ASPIRE program will need an indoor trainer and a subscription to TrainerRoad (however it is possible to substitute the indoor trainer sessions with the SCT spinning sessions).
Full Patch Members will be expected to be able to manage a training volume of over 10 hours a week.
WHAT YOU GET
- A training program delivered weekly by email and available on-line
- Access via PC, MAC or mobile app
- Automatic sync with Garmin, Suunto, Polar etc.
- Workout intensity set by individual power, pace or HR targets
- A community of athletes with a common focus
- A channel to ask your training questions
- Keep it simple – it must work with your busy life.
- Build consistency
- Develop your ability to 'feel' effort levels and pacing
- Individuality - you are your own best coach – learn, adapt and overcome!
The program has three phases:
1. BASE phase focuses on general strength, speed and developing aerobic base.
2. BUILD focuses on building the functional threshold power / pace.
3. SPECIALITY phase focuses on the ability to maintain high percentages of threshold over longer durations.
The 51.5 and 70.3 program follow three 8-week blocks of Base, Build and Specialty.
The 140.6 program 12-week Base then 8 weeks Build and 6 weeks Specialty.
Welcome to the grind!