Age Group Aspire Squad 2020
WHAT IS ASPIRE?
Aspire is a structured training support program created for ambitious SCT members willing to invest significant time in becoming the best they can be. It assumes you have previously completed several similar distance triathlons or have a complementary endurance sports background.
CHANGES FOR 2020
- Rest weeks are synced between 70.3 and 140.6
- Long runs are synced between 70.3 and 140.6
- Wednesday interval/technique sessions run with Aktivitus
- Spinning periodized towards Aspire
- Intensity zoning table
- Run workout target pace calculator
- New 51.5 standard distance program
WHAT YOU GET
- A training program delivered weekly by email and available on-line
- Access via PC, MAC or mobile app
- Automatic sync with Garmin, Suunto, Polar etc.
- Workout intensity set by individual power, pace or HR targets
- A community of athletes with a common focus
- A channel to ask your training questions
- Keep it simple – it must work with your busy life.
- Build consistency
- Develop your ability to 'feel' effort levels and pacing
- Individuality - you are your own best coach – learn, adapt and overcome!
The program has three phases:
1. BASE phase focuses on general strength, speed and developing aerobic base.
2. BUILD focuses on building the functional threshold power / pace.
3. SPECIALITY phase focuses on the ability to maintain high percentages of threshold over longer durations.
The 51.5 and 70.3 program follow three 8-week blocks of Base, Build and Specialty.
The 140.6 program 12-week Base then 8 weeks Build and 6 weeks Specialty.
We keep the same basic weekly rhythm to ensure consistency and to keep it simple. Training focus, duration and intensity will differ slightly between weeks, phases and programs. We endeavor to use as many of the SCT scheduled training sessions as possible.
Due to their popularity the club has chosen to focus on Stockholm 51.5, Jonkoping 70.3 and Kalmar 140.6 with three separate plans. Nevertheless, any similar duration race falling in the SPECIALLTY phase of any of these three programs can be easily accommodated with an early taper.