AGE GROUP ASPIRE 2018
In 2017 SCT ran a successful pilot for ambitious age group athletes competing at the Vansbro & Jönköping 70.3 races. For 2018 the club will run three Aspire race programs for the 70.3 and 140.6 distances.
The training program for Vansbro / Jönköping will start Monday the 16th January and follow three 8 week blocks of Base, Build and Specialty (plus a bonus week for Jönköping). The training program for Kalmar / Copenhagen will start Monday 2nd February and follow a 12 week Base then 8 weeks Build and Specialty. The training program for the 70.3 Worlds in South Africa starts on 19th March (same format as Vansbro / Jönköping. We will also have a higher volume / training stress version for those that can take it!
Your weekly program will be provided through Sportlyzer, you will receive a weekly email (Sunday) and have access though the internet and mobile app.
Some tailoring is to be expected to fit your life i.e. moving sessions during the week. The swim sessions will follow the SCT schedule – pacing is CSS based. The mid-week bike sessions use Trainer Road for power based training; real power or virtual power can be used. We also coordinate with the SCT spinning sessions so those can be substituted.
Run sessions start in BASE use RPE rather than pace as here we will be focused on building the fundamentals of form and speed and building your “feel”. From BUILD onwards we will use pace to set the intensity of the run sessions.
What you get:
- A training program delivered weekly by email and available on-line
- Access via PC, MAC or mobile app
- Automatic sync with Garmin, Suunto, Polar etc.
- Workout intensity set by individual power and pace goals
- A community of athletes with a common focus
- Channel to ask your training questions
There are three levels of participation:
- Full Patch Member - Follow the Program, active participation, be the best I can be!
- Hang Around - I will race one of the Aspire races but I have my own Program. I'd like to be part of the group anyway.
- Prospect - I won't race one of the Aspire Races but I'd like to get a feel for the group / training structure and may do some of the sessions.
Why shouldn’t you sign up as a Full Patch Member?
- Can’t commit time for structured training
- Not willing or able to do the Trainer Road bike sessions
- You need the level of support of a dedicated coach / fully personalized program
- You already have a something that works for you!
Vi Ses! /T